Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Easy Eggplant Parmesean

When you think of eggplant parmesan, I'm sure you think it is a drawn out process. I used to think that too. I've been watching a show called Best Recipes Ever, and they had a lightened up eggplant parm. I've lightened it up even more. Their recipe had the eggplant breaded. I've found that just roasting the eggplant was sufficient. This is what I did...

1-2 eggplants
parmesean cheese
salt and pepper
jarred or homemade tomato/pasta sauce

Take an eggplant and slice it in 1/2" slices. Arrange the slices on a greased piece of foil on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the eggplant with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil on both sides. Bake in a 425F oven for about 15-20 minutes, flipping once.

Layer the eggplant on your plate with the sauce and a little sprinkle of parmesean. You control how saucy and cheesy the dish is. I'm not a huge fan of tons for sauce, so this recipe is perfect.

This recipe doesn't take long and is great for a meatless meal! I add extra vegetables by making my own sauce with mushrooms, onions, garlic, herbs, etc. Shredded zucchini, carrots, and peppers are also a great addition.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment