Saturday, October 29, 2011

Malta-Day9

Today Joe and I went to a place called South Street. It was a modern cafe on one of the side streets. We had cappuccino and espresso. On the side, there was a small cube of pudina tal-ħobż. That is a bread pudding that often has dried fruit in it and nuts. It is a cake-like treat. Joe ordered a sandwich that was on local crusty bread with tomato paste from Gozo, sun-dried tomatoes, ġbejniet, and pickled onions. I had a panini with chicken, lettuce, tomato and cheese. It was a very satisfying brunch.

In the afternoon, we got some imqaret to hold us until supper.

For supper, we went to Trabuxu for a fantastic supper. Joe had a penne with eggplant and I had a spaghetti ragu. The sauce was amazing! Of course, I asked the waiter to leave the dish of Parmesan at the table, and we almost finished it! Joe tried some white wine, and he liked it. It was a local wine. For dessert, I had the best strawberry ice cream I've ever had. It was made in Gozo, an island that is part of Malta. Joe had banoffi which was a banana and caramel toffee cream pie on a very tasty crust. It blew us away. I may have to attempt making that one in the future!

More adventures to come in our last few days!

Ċaw!

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. :( Please don't talk about that ice-cream ever again. If you care about me and my lactose intolerance at alL!!!

    That stuff is made close to where my gym used to be (Xewkija) and I have eaten buckets of it.

    Also, I can teach you how to make the best banoffie pie you'll ever devour in one sitting. It involves boiling cans of condensed milk for hours. Super easy.

    Please visit Pulito's Restaurant in Xaghara, Gozo! Have a peppercorn fillet and tell Joseph (the Chef/Owner) I sent you!!! You'll have the most amazing foodgasm.

    Enjoy your time there and don't forget to watch at least one sunrise on a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and if you have the room........could you please bring me some pepper flavoured gallett (tal-furnar)and a few bags of twistees!? I would love you forever and for always. ;) Not that I won't anyway.

    ReplyDelete