Monday, October 31, 2011

Malta- Day11

Today we had lunch at one of my aunts' house. She made us a feast of lentil soup, roast chicken and stuffed roast pork,  cabbage, potatoes, peas and carrots. It was really good. We didn't expect anything like that when they invited us for lunch! For dessert, she had a fruit flan and warmed peaches with brown sugar. Everyone sang Happy Birthday for Joe :).

For supper, we went to a small place called Cafe Jubilee. They started us off with a plate of galletti (Maltese water crackers) with olives and a smoky cheddar. Then I ordered a spaghetti alla carbonara since I've never had someone else make it, only my own. Joe had ravioli filled with ġbejniet. They were really good! I was afraid to try them, as I am with everything, but I tried a piece of one, and enjoyed it. The sauce was a bit acidic for my liking. Aunty Mary gave me a deep fried ġbejna to try, and it resembled mozzarella sticks, only way better. Joe wants me to learn how to make them now! For dessert, we shared imqaret with vanilla ice cream. The imqaret were so hot, it was melting the ice cream! Man, the ice cream here is something else!

All this food talk is making me tired!

Ċaw!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment